Friday, July 22, 2011

You Make Beautiful Things

~ This poem was inspired by the song "Beautiful Things" by Gungor, and also the theme-The Potter's Clay, for this year's youth camp ~

You are the Potter;
I am the clay.
Shape me and form me
As you may.

You make beautiful things
Out of the dust and clay.
Through my weeknesses
You are glorified day by day.

You make all things beautiful;
Though my faith may be small,
When I trust in your promises,
You will answer when I call.

The way you surprise me
With the work of your hand;
The way that you love me
Lord I can't fully understand.

In the midst of tragedy,
Hanging on a tree,
You made the most beautiful thing happen
For a sinner like me.

You make beautiful things
Out of the dust and clay.
Use me, and form me
As you may.

No comments:

Post a Comment